La Grande Provence Condominium Association
Minutes of 9/25/17
Board Attendees: Dave Luenzmann, President, Kathy Thomas, Secretary; Bob Mathis ; Jodi Mansfield; Mary McGowan, LCAM; Lea Stokes, LCAM.
Meeting Called To Order By Dave Luenzmann at 10:02 am
A Quorum Was Confirmed
Meeting Minutes of August 7, 2017 Were Approved
- Hurricane Damage: Mary McGowan reported on the damage to the two buildings during Hurricane IRMA. The most damage was to the roof and the top floors of both buildings. Building 1 has water in the roof and Contractors have been notified. This is the most critical issue to be addressed as it is now a safety issue for our residents. Building 2 lost ceilings, again Contractors have been notified, All repairs are scheduled according to the urgency and safety of our residents.
- The Board would like to Thank Mary and the Maintenance Team; Felix, Jose and Edgar for all their work and help in taking such good care of our buildings. We know this was not an easy task and we Thank You for every thing you’ve done to restore our homes. Thank You!
- Storage Unit Leaks in Building 2: Been working with Contractors to repair the leaks. There is still some work that needs to be completed. It is still a work in progress.
- The ‘Facilities Committee’ will report back to the Board as to how the project will progress.
- It was asked of the Board to research the water and mold in the north corner of the garage in Building 1. The Board will look into it.
- The Dryer Vents: Kathy Thomas and Mary McGowan will develop an approach to handling the issues of ‘Cleaning the Dryer Vents’ and will report back to the Board at the next meeting.
- Building Painting: There has been some concerns raised concerning the approach. The Facilities Committee has obtained two proposals. Once the specifics are confirmed the Committee with report back to the Board. Per Dave Luenzmann ‘We have more work to do before we can make a decision as to who the correct contractor is.’.
- Owner’s Door Paintings: Dan Needham has made a great proposal regarding the painting of Unit Owner’s Doors. He needs to get ‘Approval’ from the Master Condo Association’ before we can confirm his proposal.
- The repair to the Elevator in Building 2 is scheduled for October 16, 2017
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 11:35 in Order to Address the Grill Votes. (Please see below)
Meeting Was Called To Order (Again) at 11:55 Per Dave Luenzmann, President.
- Resignation: Dave Yoder submitted his Resignation on the Board as Treasurer as of Sept 18, 2017.
- Kathy Thomas has resigned her position as Secretary effective September 25, 2017.
- Kathy Thomas has accepted the nomination of Treasurer. By Nominations of Jodi Mansfield and seconded by Dan Needham. Approved by the Board.
- The Finance Committee, The Communications Committee and Capitol Improvement all reported on their current status.
New Board Member’s:
It was with a unanimous vote that Anne de Ocejo and Jean Armstrong be voted on to the Board. The vote was first motioned by Dave Lunzemann, Dan Needham, and Seconded by Jodi Mansfield. And Approved by the Board.
The Board also designated new Assignments:
- Anne de Ocejo is now Secretary of the Board and Head of the ‘Communications’ Committee.
- Jean Armstrong is head of the “Design and Review” Committee.
The Board would like to welcome Anne and Jean to our Team. We are so happy to have you join us and we’re looking forward to working with you!!
The Board would also like to take this opportunity to Thank Dave Yoder for all he has done. He was an integral part of the work the Board has been able to accomplish. Thank you so much Dave for everything you have done for us. Looking forward to working with you in the future.
La Grade Provence Board
Meeting Adjourned at 12:35 pm
The Grill options were Not Approved by the Residents. Thank You to the Team for all your help in putting the proposal together. You’re work is greatly appreciated. Thank You!