LA GRANDE PROVENCE
CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
APRIL 14, 2014
Bob Cory called the meeting to order at 1:00 pm.
Barbara Cooledge, Jeanne Kiley, Dave Luenzmann and David Yoder were present representing a quorum; also present was Karen Hopkins representing Preferred Management Services. There was one guest.
The March 3, 2014 Annual Minutes and Board of Directors Meeting Minutes were approved.
Bob Cory was authorized by the Board to approve, if necessary, a monetary figure that would settle our legal interaction with this vendor. A conference call with our attorney, Michael Chiumento, took place and after some discussion Michael agreed with our position and will notify ThyssenKrupp of our decision.
GUARANTEED ASSESSMENT PROGRAM (GAP)
We are not satisfied with the way this program is being handled and are awaiting a call back from one of the Patton Bolend attorneys on the current status.
- Caulking – A recent owners concerns about caulking has been resolved.
- Building I’s Fountain has been repaired.
- Noise Issues – Following the Annual Meeting, Karen sent an e-mail to all owners reminding them that all Vendor work resulting in loud noise levels must desist by 5:00 pm.
- Owner Services – only requests for access to air conditioning units will continue to be handled by Karen; all other access requests will no longer be honored.
- Pets – Those that qualify as “Emotional Support Animals” will not be transferable to subsequent owners.
- Landscaping – Bob has scheduled a meeting with Russell, our Austin representative, for Thursday, April 17th to review our landscaping issues. He has also requested Cory Landscaping to provide us with their estimate and recommendations.
- Treasurers Report – We have received the year end 2013 audit of our financial statement and can conclude that our financial situation is very good.
Dave Yoder, our liaison on the Homeowners Association Board, mentioned several items that were covered at their recent meeting:
- A fire pit was discovered on the beach between our buildings and Portofino which could result in a fire hazard to the dunes.
- Picnics, are scheduled monthly beginning in May and will continue through the summer, weather permitting; they take place on the lawn area north of Le Jardin just in front of the dunes walkover. Each participant brings their own food and drink and the homeowners board provides utensils. All homeowners are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Sand Scripts, a homeowners quarterly newsletter, is getting a facelift and should be available with the Fall issue.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 3:00 pm.
Jeanne Kiley, Secretary