LA GRANDE PROVENCE
CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC.
MARCH 3, 2014
Bob Cory opened the meeting at 1:06 pm by welcoming the owners in attendance and introducing our new Board member, David Yoder as Treasurer. Other Board members present were Barbara Cooledge, David Luenzmann and Jeanne Kiley as well as Lea Stokes and Karen Hopkins representing Preferred Management Services.
Bob thanked Karen for her continued conscientious attention to the day to day operations of our two Buildings and to the over-site she gives to ensure that the various, and often daily, work projects are being handled properly. All attendees were given a copy of the Annual Management Report that details the administrative areas that Karen oversees.
Before opening the meeting up for questions, Bob gave an overview of our current status and what plans are being contemplated to maintain or enhance our buildings going forward. Specific areas covered:
This winter proved particularly problematic for both Buildings’ elevators due to the heavy concentration of dampness/humidity that caused much of the out-of-service situations we experienced in January and February. Replacement parts were installed promptly if the outage(s) happened on a week day.
The current policy for any week-end outages is that as long as one elevator in each building is operating then the elevator company will not be notified until early Monday morning. This eliminates the expense of any week-end overtime payment. Should both elevators in either Building be out of service then the elevator company is notified immediately. All our owners should have the following telephone emergency number: 429-0134 for reporting out of hour emergencies. This telephone number originates in Flagler Beach and is handled by Preferred Management Services. A recorded announcement will ask for your name and telephone number and a brief description of the emergency. A Preferred Management employee will call you back.
A new Austin supervisor was recently appointed to handle our Buildings and Bob is scheduled to meet with him and get his recommendations on what can be done
to improve the appearance of the property.
The new pool fencing has been completed and looks very attractive.
Due to Karen’s efforts, we have contracted with Waste Pro to handle our garbage removal. This is a savings for us over the previous vender.
Bob then turned the meeting over to Karen to address several items that needed clarifying:
1. Our financials are in very good shape; this hopefully puts to rest any
misinformation recently rumored and which is totally unfounded;
2. She requested that if an owner has questions relating to Building I or II that
he/she contact Karen or any member of the Board for clarification.
3. Karen indicated that the staff will no longer be responsible for letting vendors
into the condos for A/C service, hurricane shutters, hot water tanks, etc,
Lea Stokes gave an overview of our financials and indicated we are in excellent shape (this is evidenced by a reduction in our monthly charges). Our Reserve fund totals $642,700.00 and an audit process will be completed shortly and provided to the owners.
At this point the meeting was opened for questions and/or comments:
1. Elevators – why so many out-of-service occurrences, what is presently being done to alleviate the problems and can the owners be alerted to what and when service will be restored. When or if further service problems occur Karen will advise the owners by e-mail on what steps are underway to restore service.
2. Vendor Parking at Building I – vendors currently park in the rotary – why can’t they use garage parking. This issue is under advisement.
3. Landscaping – Building II circle needs help, Building I fountain, dead trees behind Building II, color of replaced floor tiles in Building I, and holiday lights in front of our buildings. The landscaping issues will be covered with Russell, the new Landscape supervisor. Karen will order additional lights for the front of our Buildings. The original (matching) color of the floor tiles is no longer available; the installed tiles are the best possible match.
“Rules of the Road” request for Karen to republish will be available shortly.
There being no further questions, the meeting adjourned at 2:10 pm
Jeanne Kiley, Secretary