LA GRANDE PROVENCE
CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD OF ADMINISTRATORS MEETING
August 6, 2012
The meeting was called to order by Tony Papandrea at 10:05 a.m.
Board members present were Tony Papandrea, Barbara Cooledge, and Bob Corey
(Barbara and Bob attended via speakerphone). Dave Luenzmann and Jeanne Kiley were absent. A quorum was established.
Lea Stokes of Preferred Management Services, Inc. was also present.
1. Minutes – a motion was made by Bob Corey and seconded by Barbara Cooledge to approve the minutes from the June 21, 2012 BOA meeting. The motion was approved unanimously.
2. Roof pressure cleaning – Tony presented the board members with the proposal to pressure clean the roofs in the amount of approximately $11,500.00. A motion was made by Barbara Cooledge to accept the proposal. The motion was seconded by Bob Corey and carried unanimously. This will be paid from the pressure cleaning reserve account #3080.
3. Tony met with Ed Blair to determine the specifications for painting the buildings. A proposal has been received to paint both buildings with the exception of the East side for approximately $128 – 130,000.00. They can begin in October after the roofs are cleaned. A motion was made by Bob Corey and seconded by Barbara Cooledge to approval the proposal. The motion carried unanimously. This will be paid out of the painting reserve account #3050.
4. Tony advised the board that the Association has been contacted by Thyssen Krupp. This firm has purchased General Elevator which was the service vendor we had before recently making a change. Thyssen Krupp is challenging our cancellation of their contract. This has been turned over to the Association attorney for his attention.
5. Tony reported to the Board that the balcony ceiling of unit #1607 collapsed during one of the recent storms. The screws rusted through that held up the drywall and it collapsed. Tim Rippey can make the repair for approximately $4,200.00. A motion was made by Barbara Cooledge and seconded by Bob Corey to approve the repair. This can be paid out of the contingency line item from the operating funds account #5615.
6. New Business – discussion took place regarding the proposal from Austin Outdoor to remove the fountain at 15 Avenue De La Mer and re-landscape the circle. The proposal is in the amount of approximately $3,000.00. The board approved the expense.
7. Old Business – none.
There being no further business to bring before the board the meeting was adjourned at 10:25 a.m. Respectfully submitted to the board of directors of La Grande Provence Condominium Association, Inc.,
Lea A. Stokes
Licensed Community Association Manager